The History Behind Cyclewise
Cyclewise was created in 2004 and over the years we have developed the business into the leading company it is today. There are far too many memorable moments to mention in our story, but here are just a few of our highlights –
- In 2004 we became the first Mountain Bike Leaders in the UK and this is when we decided to start Cyclewise.
- We delivered our first Bikeability course in 2005 and have gone on to deliver training to over 50,000 children in Cumbria.
- We were instrumental in creating the new British Cycling Leadership Awards and became the first tutors of the scheme in 2010. Our venue at Whinlatter then became the first centre to receive official BC Accreditation in 2012.
- The grand opening of our Cyclewise Whinlatter Shop & Bike Hire Centre was in 2008. Since then we have gone on to win numerous workshop and tourism awards. The Altura Trails also opened that year and we are very proud of our assistance in their development.
- In 2015 we opened our Cyclewise Cockermouth store on the same day as Storm Desmond. A day we will never forget for many reasons!
- Due to our extensive experience in both biking and the outdoor industry, we have been able to offer our services as Legal Expert Witness’s and Technical Advisors for the last 20 years, helping to create safer practices in the biking industry.
Finally, one of the things we are most proud of is our staff. Over the years we have managed to employ some of the most experienced, mechanics, coaches and tutors you can find and some of them have been with us for the whole journey. We have also been able to develop some of these employees straight out of school or college and give them a great start to their careers. Without our ‘Team Cyclewise’ we would not be where we are today.