Senior Bike Mechanic
We are looking for a motivated & experienced applicant to be the full time Senior Mechanic at our Cyclewise Cockermouth store, with a fully fitted Park Tools workshop and accredited Shimano Service Centre. The role plays a key part in the Cyclewise business, which delivers a diverse range of cycle related services.
You will be reporting to the Store Manager and you will be an integral part of the success of the overall store performance. Leading the Workshop team, you will be responsible for all build and maintenance tasks ensuring output is on time and of the highest standard.
Cyclewise is an independent rider-owner business with two busy cycle stores in Cumbria. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our trail centre & bike hire store specialising in mountain bikes and electric MTBs. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our esteemed road, electric, adventure and leisure bike store. In addition to cycle retail and mountain bike hire, we provide expert workshop services, a range of MTB skills coaching, British Cycling MTB leadership courses, Bikeability training in schools, technical expertise and consultancy, and an e-commerce operation. The industry is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across all channels.
About the role:
Responsibilities will include
- Responsibilities will include bike building, PDI & servicing of all bike models. And to work on e-Bikes, wheel building, DI2 and electronic shifting.
- Deliver a highly professional service to customers.
- To be technically proficient and able to service a diverse range of bicycles.
- Be responsible for the quality control of all work
- Responsible for daily opening and closing of retail premises.
- Keep up to date with the latest cycling technologies including electric bikes, electronic shifting and the latest suspension systems.
- Responsible for the workshop booking system and the realistic schedule of jobs and maintenance
- To manage warranty cases and maintain accurate record keeping.
- Ensure all costs are accounted for and sales recorded
- Stock Management and Stock Control
- Liaising with suppliers and other professional bodies.
- Ensure you and your team communicate with the customers
- To support the training and development of mechanics and apprentices to company expectations
- Show a passion for cycle industry and understand the importance of doing a great job
We are looking for someone passionate about cycling, high level of energy, confidence and resourcefulness. You will be required to be an experience and skilled bike mechanic and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Any bike accreditations would be an advantage, with minimum two years workshop experience.
About Salary & Hours of Work:
We offer a competitive salary dependent on experience from £22,300 pa, a generous staff discount on cycle-related products, a company pension scheme, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays).
The position is based at Cyclewise Cockermouth, surrounded by stunning northern Lakes scenery. The role will be full time, 40 hours per week on a rolling three-week rota.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV along with a covering letter explain why you would be an ideal candidate for the role, and anything else you think might be relevant. Email to email@example.com.