Cycle Mechanic and Sales
Senior Level and Entry Level - FT / PT
Location- Cockermouth or Whinlatter (nr Keswick), Cumbria, UK
If you have a passion for bikes and want to work for an exciting and growing company this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Cyclewise is recruiting for both full-time and part-time cycle mechanics to work at either Cyclewise Cockermouth or Cyclewise Whinlatter. We are looking for both entry level and experienced senior mechanics to join the team. Both premises are accredited Bosch and Shimano Service Centres and with fully fitted Park Tools workshops. You will need to ensure that all bikes leave the workshop ready for optimum performance and offer great customer service, as well as demonstrating sound technical knowledge. The role plays an essential part in the Cyclewise business, which delivers a diverse range of cycle related services.
This job is for you if you are:
- Passionate about the cycle industry and understand the importance of doing a great job.
- Enjoy fixing bikes and keeping up-to-date with bike technical knowledge.
- Motivated by negotiating and closing a sale.
- Enthusiastic and like working in a team.
- Comfortable talking to customers and providing advice on cycling products.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bike building, PDI & servicing of all bike models.
- To schedule workshop jobs and maintain accurate customer bike records.
- Diagnose and repair the maintenance work needed on customer bikes.
- Good communication with customers regarding work in progress and any parts required for repairs.
- Advising and recommending cycling products and services, to achieve successful sales.
- Responsible for opening and closing daily procedures including cash handling, and key holder duties as required.
Why choose to work at Cyclewise:
- Permanent: Full-time employment – 40 hrs per week / Part-time employment – various hours
- Up to £11.74 per hour depending on experience (eg. FT 40hrs Snr Mch – £24,500pa)
- 28 days holiday per annum (inc. bank holidays) pro rata
- A flexible and portable workplace pension
- A generous staff discount on cycle-related products
- An amazing work location surrounded by stunning northern lakes scenery
- Training opportunities
- Staff social events
- Superb team camaraderie
- Unlimited tea and coffee with only occasional milk shortage emergencies
Cyclewise is an established independent business operating a portfolio of cycle related services for over 15 years. Cyclewise Whinlatter is our trail centre bike hire & retail shop specialising in mountain bikes and electric MTBs, with a rental fleet of approx. 130 bikes. Cyclewise Cockermouth is our esteemed road, e-Bike, adventure and leisure bike retail store. We offer expert workshop services with approved Bosch & Shimano Service Centres. Cyclewise Training delivers a range of mountain bike skills coaching & mechanic courses, British Cycling MTB leadership qualifications, Bikeability training in schools, technical expertise and consultancy services. Our business is exciting and challenging with customers increasingly accessing our products and services across online channels and in-store.
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, confidence and resourcefulness. You will be required to have proficient bike mechanic skills and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Any bike mechanic accreditations and previous sales experience would be advantageous.
How to Apply:
Please send us your CV along with a covering letter detailing which role you are applying for and any relevant experience you can bring to this role. Email to email@example.com.
(Job advert posted 16th June 2023)